Curved boots for Spiral Duct
MAS offers the full range of curved boots to fit on to round metal duct. We stock all standard diameters and have a regular rotating stock in all of our branches.
What is a curved boot?
A curved boot is a branch fitting that forms part of a ventilation duct run. It is used when a ventilation duct run branches of another duct run.
The leading edge on the fitting creates a less turbulent air flow into the duct due to the 45 degree leading edge at the front of the duct branch.
- Design allows air to be moved with less resistance than a pressed saddle.
- If the application requires another fitting e.g. bend to be fitted to the leading edged boot, a female coupler will be required.
- All ducting boots are designed to slip into spiral pipe (male) and have a small flange to enable fixing onto the larger diameter spiral pipe run (secure using recommended fixing methods).
- Manufactured from high quality gavanised steel.
- DW144 compliant.
- Standard sizes are listed, please contact us for custom sizes.
Installing a curved boot onto circular duct
- Mark off the internal dims of the curved boot onto the spiral that you are attaching to.
- Cut the hole on the side of the duct.
- Apply duct sealant to the flange of the branch.
- Attach with either rivets or tech screws / self drill screws.
Our ducting boots are engineered from mild galvanised steel and are fully compliant to DW144.
Have a question? don’t hestitate to contact us