Concentric Reducers for Ventilation Duct
- A reducer is a fitting used in ventilation systems between two pipes of different diameters. Concentric reducers chance the diameter of a duct run to assist air flows.
- All of our reducers are concentric, eccentric reducers are available on request.
- Reducers up to 315mm diameter are pressed reducers, 355mm and above are fabricated reducers.
- Reducers for spiral ducting are all male fittings and fit directly into circular spiral ducting (secure using recommended fixing methods).
- For a male to male connection i.e reducer to spigot a Female coupler should be used.
What is the difference between a concentric & eccentric reducer?
- A concentric reducer, is shaped like a cone and the centre line is directly in the middle of the two diameters.
- An eccentric reducer has an edge that is parallel to the connecting pipe and creates an offset in the centre line of the ventilation duct run.